First Movie Plus is specially designed for young writers and producers. We give them professional advice on developing theatrical films and TV features, and 360° experiences, in addition to comprehensive support for planning and filmmaking.
What Participants Can Expect
- Intensive dramatic advice and script consulting
- Assistance in the search for writers, producers, and suitable broadcasters/distributors
- Support in making contact with script and film editors
- Exclusive audiovisual industry pitching event during the Munich Film Fest
- Help with putting director, cast, and other packages together
- Advice on sponsorship applications and financial opportunities
- The option to participate in themed workshops and seminars at the Bavarian Film Centre
- The project’s participation in First Movie Plus ends either when the participant stops producing or when the project is turned into a film
- The participant still retains all rights to the project
Who Can Apply
- Writers, producers, and directors wishing to make their first or second project into a film (short and medium-length films are excluded)
- All applicants must have completed professional training in the area of scriptwriting or corresponding professional experience (e.g. degree in scriptwriting or direction, published novelists, journalists with professional experience and a high affinity with film)
- Applicants must be no more than 40 years of age
You may submit fictional or documentary film features, serial formats, or concepts for interactive or transmedia projects, and for 360° native experiences, VR and AR. Short and medium-length films are not offered support.
The next deadlines for feature films and drama series is 28 February 2019.
The next round of applications is expected to take place in autumn 2019.
Submission requirements: Application form, CV, exposé, treatment or script, and the project presentation if applicable and available.
What It Costs to Join
The programme is free of charge.
Consultations are provided at personal meetings in Munich, but also via Skype in exceptional cases. Project pitching takes place in Munich. Travel costs are not covered.
Should a project reach the production stage, we will charge you a basic fee of €2,500 when filming commences, plus an agreed sum of up to a maximum €4,500, depending on our consultancy costs.