Our First Movie Programme is specially designed for young writers and producers. We give them professional advice on developing film and TV material, digital projects, and 360° experiences, in addition to comprehensive support for planning and filmmaking.
What Participants Can Expect
- Intensive dramatic advice and script consulting
- Assistance in the search for writers, producers, and suitable broadcasters/distributors
- Support in making contact with script and film editors
- Help with putting director, cast, and other packages together
- Advice on sponsorship applications and financial opportunities
- The option to participate in themed workshops and seminars at the Bavarian Film Centre
- The project’s participation in the First Movie Programme ends either when the participant stops producing or when the project is turned into a film
- The participant still retains all rights to the project
Who Can Apply
- Writers, producers, and directors wishing to make their first or second project into a film (short and medium-length films are excluded)
- All applicants must have completed professional training in the area of scriptwriting or corresponding professional experience (e.g. degree in scriptwriting or direction, published novelists, journalists with professional experience and a high affinity with film)
- Applicants must be no more than 40 years of age
What to Include in Your Application
You may submit fictional or documentary film material, serial formats, or concepts for digital, transmedia applications, and for 360° native experiences and VR. Short and medium-length films are not offered support.
No deadlines apply; submissions may be made year round.
Submission requirements: Application form, CV, exposé, treatment or script, and the project presentation if applicable and available.
What It Costs to Join
The programme is free of charge.
Consultations are provided at personal meetings in Munich, but also via Skype in exceptional cases. Project pitching takes place in Munich. Travel costs are not covered.
Should a project reach the production stage, we will charge you a basic fee of €2,500 when filming commences, plus an agreed sum of up to a maximum €4,500, depending on our consultancy costs.